Property Consulting Case Studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
IBSTOCK Building ConsultancySkilled negotiations leading to a £12 m sale Our extensive remit included working with environmental and highway consultants to secure outline planning consent, decontaminate and clear the site of old buildings.
- Location Bristol
- Key figures 12 acre Victorian Tile factory
- Contact Chris Selway, +44 (0) 117
- We provided a ‘cradle to grave’ service working closely with our client’s property, operational and financial executive, other specialist consultants, lawyers and counsel on all aspects over an 18 month project period.
- Marketed and settled the ransom claim by the local authority for a small strip of highway verge, enabling the development to proceed
- The outcome was a beneficial planning consent, and a sale for £12m within the required timeframe
- The County and District Councils were to be party to the s.106 Agreement. The District Council also held a ransom interest.
- The sale was to be put into effect with the benefit of outline consent, draft s.106 secured and the ransom claim settled so that a residential development purchaser would not be concerned with a charge on the property.
- Timescales were urgent as monies were required within 18 months to partly fund the factory relocation
What we did
- Secured outline planning consent and draft s.106 Agreement with low affordable housing provision
- Creation of a comprehensive information pack to market the site for sale
- Deed of Grant for ransomed access secured prior to sale and ransom claim settled later.