Property Consulting Case Studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
South Gloucestershire CouncilProviding viability study for a significant new infrastructure in North Bristol Provided South Gloucestershire Council cost and viability estimate, analysis, development appraisal and assesment of potential claim by Network Rail
- Location North Fringe to Hengrove Package, North Bristol
- Key figures Most significant piece of new infrsastructure in North Bristol
- Contact Chris Selway, +44(0)117 984 8480
- Confidential analysis, development appraisal and assessment of potential claim by Network Rail for the required access rights.
- Detailed explanation of rail procedures, documentation process and time-line for the project.
- Presentation of findings and recommendations to the relevant Council officers and members – questions addressed as arising.
- At the time of our instruction the Council was assessing full scheme feasibility to bid to Government for project funding following the CSR.
- The scheme is potentially the most significant piece of new infrastructure in north Bristol since completion of the A4174 ring road in the late 1990’s. The scheme cost and viability estimate was crucial to the case for funding but the potential payment to Network Rail for an essential new bridge was an unknown quantity.
- The Council also needed guidance on the best strategy for approaching Network Rail and the timescales and procedures involved in securing consent to build a new bridge across the railway.
What we did
- Drawing upon experience gained from settling 3 recent similar cases with Network Rail on behalf of landowners and developers promoting significant residential schemes, we were able to provide the Council with bespoke detailed analysis of the potential payments to NR and the procedures and timescales likely to be involved.
- A draft report was prepared and issued and interrogated at interview with relevant Council officers before supplemental input and final issue to the Council.
- The details of the Report and Appraisals contained therein enabled the Council to understand the potential impact on viability and costs to the overall scheme which could form part of the funding bid.