Retail - Investment - Sainsbury's Local - Barnsley
- Prominent position onto local high street
- Income producing - current passing rent of £49,000 per annum
- Upward only rent review February 2017
- Let to the undoubted covenant of Sainsbury's Supermarkets Limited
- We are seeking offers in excess of £710,000
The property provides a ground floor retail unit forming part of a larger ‘L’ shaped two storey traditional brick building set below a pitched slated tiled roof. The ground floor comprises three retail units which are fully let and residential apartments to the first floor.
Internally the unit has been fitted by the current tenant to a high quality shop fit-out within the retail area – incorporating a suspended ceiling to a height of 2.3m, inset lighting, painted plaster walls and a concrete floor with vinyl floor covering.
The property is located in Shafton, a village which lies just outside of the centre of Barnsley in South Yorkshire. Shafton is situated, approximately three miles north east of Barnsley, nine miles south of Wakefield and 22 miles north of Sheffield.
Bus services run direct to Barnsley, Cudworth, Pontefract and Wakefield. The nearest railway station is in Barnsley and this has excellent transport links to the wider region.
The A1 (M) Doncaster bypass junction lies approximately 11 miles to the east of the village providing links both north and south.
- Attractive investment opportunity, let to the undoubted covenant of Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Limited
- Over 6 years unexpired term at the current rent of £49,000 pa
- Upward only rent review in February 2017
- Long leasehold (virtual freehold) interest
- We are instructed to seek offers in excess of £710,000 (Seven hundred and ten thousand pounds) which reflects a net initial yield of 6.52% based upon purchasers costs of 5.8% and exclusive of VAT