Property Management Case Studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
Helical BarReducing operational costs by 50% on a 400,000 sq ft office Following a major refurbishment it was necessary to ensure a smooth handover of the building from the building contractor to enable the leasing campaign to commence and at the same time to minimise running costs.
- Location City of London
- Key figures 400,000 sq ft office building which has been subject
- Contact Nick Sawyer, +44 (0) 20 7338 4406
- The handover from the refurbishment contractor was completed on time and with all the main operational contracts in place, enabling Little Britain Holdings to start letting the space immediately
- Little Britain Holdings had an operational contract in place to reduce its risk and ensure high standards of building presentation
- The efficient mobilisation of the building enabled operational costs to be reduced by 50% from the time of handover
- The preparation of leasing due diligence material was accomplished during a two month period, enabling Little Britain Holdings to progress lease contracts at an early stage.
- Little Britain Holdings had a requirement to minimise financial exposure during the leasing period while ensuring the building was fully compliant from a risk management perspective, and to ensure high standards of building presentation. This would help it reduce exposure to void operational costs, including service charges and utilities.
What we did
- By defining the mobilisation scope and management strategy during the refurbishment phase we enabled the efficient handover of the building at practical completion
- We liaised closely with the base build construction team throughout the project to help facilitate a smooth handover at practical completion
- We recruited key members of the management team during the mobilisation period, to enable a full knowledge of the building to be gained
- We applied our expertise gained from other complex mobilisation roles to ensure the project was delivered efficiently.