Property Management Case Studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
HermesHelping the Tower 42 estate to meet sustainability targets By working closely with the Tower 42 estate we managed to exceed its sustainability targets and reduce the CSR liability on this major City office building.
- Location City of London
- Key figures Major office building 465,000 sq ft
- Contact Stephen Lamb, +44 (0) 20 7338 4828
- Reduced energy consumption across the estate allowing occupier savings of up to 30%
- Achieved zero to landfill waste management with occupier buy-in to a comprehensive recycling scheme
- Realised annual savings of 13 million litres of water per annum with installation of “Hippo” water saving services and waterless urinals
- First “Green Roof” in the City and LED office lighting system.
- Tower 42 estate, Hermes, BlackRock, LaSalle Asset Management and Greycoat Estates wished to radically improve sustainability, environmental performance and reduce CRC liability in line with their business strategy.
What we did
- We took a more rounded approach to sustainability rather than focusing narrowly on energy consumption
- We achieved ISO:14001 certification for the Estate ensuring year on year targets and improvement in environmental performance
- We commissioned full sustainability audits and set up regular occupier ‘BREEAM road shows’ for the occupiers
- We also produced environmental work books and fit out guides to educate the occupiers on sustainability best practice.