Sustainable Property Management
Managing green buildings with BNP Paribas Real Estate Property Management
Your engagement with BNP Paribas Real Estate provides you with specialist experience in implementing sustainability improvement programmes. Such programmes will help to enhance brand reputation, improve the profitability of your investments, attract and retain tenants and reduce void costs.
|OPTIMISED SUSTAINABILITY PERFORMANCE|
When you want to build tenant attractiveness, demonstrably sustainable buildings are fast becoming a prerequisite. We can help:
- Ensure compliance with industry best practice
- Measure, benchmark and improve energy / water and waste performance in buildings
- Apply an environmental management system approach to improvements
- Proactively engage occupiers in sustainability performance improvement
- Identify local community benefits.
We are committed to helping you improve the sustainability of your buildings:
- Initial baseline assessment
We will gather, analyse and manage data to benchmark performance and identify opportunities.
- Maximise efficiencies
We will reduce the operational costs of your building by prioritising low cost
improvements to maximise energy and water efficiency.
- Environmental management strategy
Our formal approach to environmental management will help to proactively manage waste, water, travel and biodiversity performance.
- Holistic sustainability strategy
We offer a wide range of additional sustainability services to engage, energise and deliver efficiencies, delivered through a network of in-house specialists and approved excellent service delivery partners.
- Certification and benchmarking
By monitoring your progress against specified criteria, we will help you achieve certification (BREEAM, LEED, SKA) and collate relevant data for recognised sustainability benchmarking indices.
- Increase value and reduce costs
We will help you increase the profitability of your investments by helping to improve efficiencies and exceed environmental standards.
- Environmental expertise
We actively partner with industry leading providers and develop our own employees to ensure that you access the most accurate and up to date advice.
- Market analysis
By monitoring changes in regulation we will ensure your strategy addresses current and future trends.
- Best practice approach
The strong governance influence of BNP Paribas Group and our own certified environmental management system drives continual improvement in our organisation to ensure best practice is adopted.
|RECENT SUSTAINABILITY WINS|
Case Study: Utility Procurement across UK Portfolio
- The Challenge: with a multi-million Euro spend on utilities spread across multiple contracts, we undertook to deliver multiple efficiency improvements through strategic energy procurement.
- The Results: cost savings and improved contractual terms and conditions have served to benefit both landlord and occupier.
Case Study: 300,000 square feet multi-let offices, London
- The Challenge: We sought to instigate a structured programme of sustainability management at the site, to commit to continual improvement and to receive external certification of performance.
- The Results: A recent third party audit concluded that “the site can readily demonstrate a commitment to the prevention of pollution, a good level of compliance to legal and other requirements and shows clear evidence of continual environmental improvement.”
Case Study: 275,000 sq ft office building, West End
- The Challenge: Establish a structure to co-ordinate sustainability initiatives within our property management activity. Manage electrical demand despite occupiers’ demand for longer plant run times due to increased intensity of occupational activity.
- The Results: ISO 14001 certification awarded in 2014 / Overall energy reductions achieved, zero waste to landfill
Case Study: Industrial Estate, UK Midlands
- The Challenge: Embedding sustainability in the supply chain through the re-tendering of an extensive landscape maintenance contract
- The Results: The incorporation of sustainability measures into the service specification has enhanced provisioning and regulated ecosystem services across the site, whilst reducing maintenance costs and improving the occupier experience.
Case Study: Landmark 450,000 square feet high-rise office building, London
- The Challenge: Proactive consideration of sustainability in design of lift refurbishment project yields significant energy savings.
- The Results: Circa 700MWh annual electricity reduction equating to approximately £65,000 financial savings / Emissions of 350 tonnes of CO2e avoided per annum / LED lighting provided opportunity to enhance aesthetic quality of the space / Substantial improvement in letting opportunities for the client