- Managing the occupational overheads of licensed and leisure properties
- Ensuring that business rates liabilities are minimised
- Negotiating realistic rents for pubs, clubs, restaurants and other licensed leisure property markets
In order to achieve the best possible outcome your adviser must not be afraid to challenge and innovate. BNP Paribas Real Estate’s specialist licensed leisure specialists operate nationally and have a strong track record within this sector of consistently generating results. We negotiate more than 150 lease events (rent reviews, lease renewals, break clauses) on managed pubs and restaurants every year. Our high street rent review advice alone has delivered savings in excess of £19m over the last five years.
We have aligned our Lease Advisory and Rating departments to enable them to work closely to give us the advantage of having direct access to an extensive, unrivalled database of knowledge and comparables thereby allowing us to negotiate from a position of strength.
Our all-encompassing service includes:
- Business rates appeals - reducing rates payable and securing refunds for overpayments
- Management of rates payments
- Rates mitigation – identifying ways to further recues costs over the whole life of a rating list
- Historical rates audit
- Negotiation of rent reviews
- Lease renewals – including advice on statutory procedures within the Landlord & Tenant Acts
- Dispute resolution – providing evidence as expert witness
- Lease regears – identifying opportunities to renegotiate leases to meet our client’s business objectives, reduce long terms costs and minimise risk
BENEFITS TO YOU
BNP Paribas Real Estate does not simply follow the crowd but challenges the status quo. We never stand still and always seek new angles and opportunities to identify cost savings, offer innovative advice and deliver value for our clients.
- Our wide market coverage, with experts operating throughout the whole of the UK and Ireland, helps our clients to benchmark their rent and rates costs.
- We get better results - on average our business rates specialists achieve a 32% discount from trade valuation on pubs, resulting in an average Rental Value reduction of £28k leading to average savings of £88k.
- Our service is tried and tested by the industry - we advise 3 out of the top 5 managed pub companies, whilst also working with industry groups to campaign and lobby on key topics.
- Our experience is recognised by the Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers (ALMR) who have chosen us to help represent its members.
- We deliver regular and committed engagement with the operational side of your business to ensure no stone is left unturned in the pursuit of savings for you.
- We adhere to Banking level regulations.