Easements, Wayleaves and Telecoms
The negotiation of easements and wayleaves whether by way of statutory powers or for commercial purposes is a specialist skill requiring sector knowledge and expertise.
Pipes, cables and commercial service media are integral to maintaining domestic and commercial supplies of energy, drainage, water and communications. The distribution of liquid and gaseous products and the conveyance of minerals also require rights over individual land ownerships.
Specialist valuation and negotiation skills
Whether a landowner, utility provider or commercial operator you will require specialist valuation and negotiation skills to secure the best outcome taking into consideration:
- Statutory and commercial income or compensation assessment - whether based upon diminution, injurious affection or ransom considerations;
- Mitigation and accommodation works during and post construction;
- Advise on wehther you should accept the terms presented to you by the utility provider or whether there is scope to negotiate; and
- Documentation to protect your interests.
Comprehenisve range of advice services
BNP Paribas Real Estate provides a comprehensive range of services as follows:
- Valuation and compensation advice. The firm delivers specialist valuation and compensation advice across many specialist industries including rail, oil, energy, water and minerals.
- Review and audit of portfolios of easements and wayleaves. BNP Paribas Real Estate has been involved in major portfolio reviews for national clients providing sound commercial advice and securing considerable increases in income streams.
- Rent review and arbitration including Expert Witness advice. At BNP Paribas Real Estate we provide a complete service from initial heads of terms to the review and renewal of leases of easement including negotiating compensation settlements and bespoke documentation for either the landowner or the applicant.
- Specialist advice on ransom and access claims. BNP Paribas Real Estate’s team comprises specialist surveyors with extensive experience in dealing with private and public sector utilities backed by an exclusive database of comparable evidence and previous se ttlements to draw from.
The benefits to you
Specialist expertise, in depth knowledge and clear advice
BNP Paribas Real Estate team’s wide ranging skills will ensure that you get:
- Specialist expertise able to provide a nationwide service;
- In depth knowledge of the easements, wayleaves and telecoms sector; and
- Clear and concise advice on the issues affecting you together with solutions to provide you with the best possible outcome.