If your business is likely to be affected by the impending high speed rail link,
you should act now to understand the process and identify how you can
protect your interests. We can advise you on the tactics
- What strategies are available to manage blight in the shadow of HS2?
- If you are going to experience disturbance from the construction or use of the
line, can you still be compensated?
- If your building is to be subject to compulsory purchase, how can you ensure your
operation is maintained whilst you relocate?
- If relocation is not an option for your business, what can be done in the face of
- How much compensation can you expect to get, and when?
When appointed by claimant clients as affected owners or occupiers we can provide:
- Advice on the programme and timescales for implementation of HS2,
- The formulation of your claim for compensation, which may include property
value, disturbance or extinguishment, injurious affection or severance, costs and loss payments,
- The composition and presentation of claims under the compulsory purchase code and negotiation through to settlement with HS2,
- Advice where no land is taken, including claims arising from the construction or subsequent use of the high speed rail lines, for example noise, dust or vibration,
- Preparation of Expert Witness Reports and presentation of Evidence to the Lands Chamber of the Upper Tribunal.
THE BENEFITS TO YOU
BNP Paribas Real Estate has established a CPO ‘hub’ which co-ordinates across our regional offices giving national coverage.
- BNP Paribas Real Estate is not on HS2’s own advisory framework and works only for potential claimants offering completely independent un-conflicted bespoke advice.
- Our team has in-depth knowledge of Compulsory Purchase and Compensation, particularly within the rail sector, so we are specially placed to advise clients affected by HS2.
- We are acting for more than 20 significant commercial claimants on Phase 1, including Royal Mail, UK Mail, UNITE Group, Grant Thornton, and AVIVA.
- The continuing contact our specialist CPO and Infrastructure Team has with HS2’s Property & Engineering Team in the course of negotiations on behalf of our clients gives us special insight into this project.