Minimise and mitigate your risk
By choosing BNP Paribas Real Estate you have a partner with vast experience in Building Surveying and Technical Due Diligence. This means you will fully understand the condition of a building, the risk and opportunities it presents and have confidence in your decision making.
Reduce risk in your property decisions
You need full visibility of a building’s condition and its usable lifetime to protect your business, to reduce your risks to strengthen your negotiating position. Challenges include:
- Understanding the condition of the building and potential risks.
- Identifying the necessary repair or refurbishment costs.
- Assessing how long a property will remain usable
- Evaluate whether a building is suitable for your purposes or market expectations
- Identifying alternative use scenarios.
Understand the condition of a building
We can help you to determine if a building is fit for purpose and structurally sound.
- Building surveys - to help you understand the condition of a building’s structure, fabric and finishes.
- Occupational assessments - to ensure a building meets your requirements in terms of capacity, running costs and environmental factors and is of a standard that represents market standards.
- Negotiating the condition of the space - Agreeing any necessary repairs or refurbishment prior to occupation, or negociating a reduction in price or increase in incentives.
- Regulatory advice - assessing and reporting on compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Specialist surveys - we manage and coordinate specialist consultant engineers, environmental specialists and report on matters requiring further detailed investigations.
The benefits to you
Increase value and understanding
- Maximise certainty - our knowledge and expertise will give you full visibility of a building enabling you to make informed decisions.
- Occupy a space that is fit for purpose - by using our experience and negotiation skills we will work to reduce your exposure to the necessary repairs, before you occupy the building.
- Enhance your investment with specialist advice - we will advise on improvements that could be made and opportunities to increase investment value.
- Protect your investment value - our experience will help you negotiate the sale price or serve schedules of dilapidations on tenants where repairs are necessary.