Property Consulting Case Studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
Network RailUnique valuation advice on Europe's largest logistics park We were instructed to produce a detailed valuation report assessing the value of Network Rail’s land being taken for the Port redevelopment, a scheme providing the UK’s first deep sea container port and Europe’s largest logistics park.
- Location London
- Key figures 1,500 acre disused brownfield site and over 9 million square feet for the distribution, manufacturing and high-tech sectors.
- Contact Chris Selway, +44 (0) 117 984 8480
- The team undertook detailed assessment to deliver a comprehensive report and negotiation advice to the client.
- Allowed a Conditional Contract for Sale to be agreed between the parties involved
- The sale subsequently completed and the development is well underway.
- DP World was seeking acquisition of rail crossing rights under Harbour Revision Order powers
- Complex ransom issues revolving around the ‘no scheme world’ scenario
- Relocation of rail lines and major oil pipeline routes needed to be considered during the negotiations
What we did
- We were required to consider value under the compensation code, in particular the potential for ransom in the ‘no scheme world’ by reference to pre-existing planning policy and the hypothetical scheme or schemes which could have happened in the absence of the HRO.
- Working with the client and appointed lawyers and counsel under a highly politically pressurised timescale our detailed knowledge of the compensation code and valuation principles under relevant case law for both the ‘no scheme world’ and ransom value enabled us to deliver a comprehensive report and negotiation advice to the client.
- This led to meaningful negotiations towards a conditional contract solution.