Property Consulting Case Studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
Network RailRealising a substantial boost to Network Rail's rental income As part of our ongoing remit from Network Rail to assist with the review and modernisation of their extensive portfolio of easements and licences crossing the rail estate, we were appointed to review payments for a number of significant oil pipeline crossings at Immingham Port.
- Location Immingham Port
- Key Figures -
- Contact Chris Selway, +44 (0) 117 984 8480
- Complete strategic review of all easements along the length of the Immingham pipeline.
- Established a working precedent for future negotiations
- Realised a substantial boost to the Network Rail’s rental income.
- The valuation of easements is a specialist field as there are no RICS guidelines and valuation methodology is drawn largely from the compensation code and shared value or ransom considerations
- The industry is highly sensitive and commercial confidentialities and competition means that information is hard to extract and negotiations are complex and lengthy
- Rental incomes of easements have a tendency to remain static due to a lack of knowledge this specialist area.
What we did
- Extensive research was undertaken to uncover comparable evidence
- Various valuation methods were employed, including alternative route cost saving, share of value and diminution in land affected.