Property Consulting Case Studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
BOCM Pauls LtdNegotiation of overbridge agreement on behalf of BOCM Pauls Ltd BOCM Pauls Ltd, the UK’s largest animal feed manufacturer, appointed BNPPRE to advise them on obtaining rights to build a new road bridge across the railway line to facilitate the delivery of up to 1,000 new homes, 25 hectares of employment land, and the redevelopment of one of their former mills.
- Location Bristol
- Key figures 1000 new residential units, 2,000 sqm retail unit, primary school, allotments and recreational spaces.
- Contact Chris Selway, +44 (0) 117 984 8480
- Consent granted for a new highway to be built over an active and busy train line, unlocking prime development land
- As a result of the closure of the existing level crossing, both the resident population of Selby and the train operators will benefit from improved safety and train movements
- Consideration for the required easement was structured so as to ensure the financial viability of the scheme.
- The bridge access and associated level crossing closure was needed to enable the redevelopment of this significant 90 acre brownfield former feed mills site
- Network Rail requires all bridge requests to comply with a complicated eight-stage ‘Governance for Railway Investment Projects’ (GRIP) process designed to minimise and mitigate risks
- Network Rail’s requirements presented a financial risk to client, whilst failing to secure this main access route threatened deliverability of scheme.
What we did
- Retention and relocation of playing fields allotments and existing rights of way, flood alleviation and extensive s.106 works including provision of a new school.
- Working closely with BOCM Pauls’ Commercial Director and appointed consultants, comprehensive scheme appraisals were produced which were then used to inform the ‘shared value’ negotiations with Network Rail