Property Consulting Case Studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
Network RailHow we provided Network Rail independent capital valuation advice Provided independent capital valuation advice for acquisition purposes to ascertain appropriate negotiation margins in order that they could agree terms for the purchase of the long leasehold interest
- Location Eastleigh, UK
- Key figures 4.61 Ha / 11.4 acre site, Operational motive power depot including rail sidings, offices stores and vehicle parking
- Contact Chris Selway, +44(0)117 984 8480
Client was supplied with a detailed report which provided them with the valuation information they required in order to progress acquisition of the long leasehold interest for NR’s own operations at the site.
- The site suffered from relatively poor historic access through a residential area with potential flooding issues making it complex to evaluate
- Network Rail had a specific operational requirement and required urgent action to facilitate the proposed acquisition
- The client required independent capital valuation advice for acquisition purposes to ascertain appropriate negotiation
What we did
- In consultation with the client, we agreed a specific brief in order to ensure we delivered what they required to enable them to continue with speedy acquisition negotiations for the site
- A joint site inspection with the lessee ensured we were aware of any particular constraints and issues that may affect our valuation and the condition of rail sidings and equipment to be included in the acquisition
- Detailed research and paying close attention to the agreed brief enabled us to provide concise and accurate advice to the client.