Property Consulting Case Studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
East Sussex County CouncilHelping East Sussex County Council to secure settlements & ensuring cost savings Compulsory Purchase and Compensation in connection with major link road scheme between Bexhill and Hastings
- Location Bexhill to Hastings link road
- Key figures Approx. 150 commercial, residential and agricultural plots acquired by negotiation
- Contact Derry Mockett, +44(0)117 984 8424
- Compulsory Purchase & Compensation in connection with major link road scheme
- Approximately 150 commercial, residential and agricultural plots acquired by negotiation
- Land acquired for ecological, habitat and landscape mitigation
- At the time of our instruction confirmation of planning consent was awaited and the scheme was due to go to Public Inquiry.
- Through careful negotiation, we were able to secure settlements with the majority of statutory objectors before the scheme went to public enquiry, ensuring a tangible time and cost saving for the client
- Without such actions, the scheme could well have been put at risk of protracted legal battles and associated costs- these times and financial savings not only paved the way for the link road, but has allowed further plans for economic regeneration to continue in the development.
What we did
- As our first instruction for a new client our initial challenge was to familiarise ourselves with a scheme which had been in preparation for a number of years, and also to understand the specific needs of the client.
- One of our primary roles was to prepare property cost estimates for the numerous plots being acquired in order to assist our client with calculating their scheme cost.
- We were also required to enter into negotiations with those claimants who were subject to land take and had lodged an objection to the CPOs and qualified as statutory objectors. These negotiations involved meeting with the claimants, agreeing heads of terms and instructing solicitors within a very tight timescale, ensuring a fair outcome for both the claimant and the client.