Property letting, sales and investment case studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
Liverpool VictoriaWe delivered the sale of the Tradeteam unit for Liverpool Victoria We negotiated the removal of the October 2011 break clause to enable a speedy and timely sale in Q1 2011.
- Location Hams Hall, Birmingham
- Key figures Sale price of £10.6m - 172,000 sq ft distribution unit plus 34,000 sq ft canopies - Net initial yield of 9%
- Contact Nick Waddington: +44 (0)121 234 6869
- We removed the potential rental loss of £1m pa with the break removal, and the exposure to 5 year income within a shrinking life fund.
- We also transferred the risk for Liverpool Victoria of DHL (the tenant) leaving, through the sale to Legal & General.
- The challenge was to negotiate the removal of the break clause with DHL and achieve proceeds above the valuation. The client needed our services to prepare the property for marketing and to market it.
What we did
- We assessed the value under various scenarios, including vacancy if the break was activated
- We negotiated the removal of the break clause
- All data was assembled and we carried out targeted marketing, including accompanied viewings and hands on deal management.