Property letting, sales and investment case studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
Henderson Global InvestorsSecuring an opportunistic joint venture development for Henderson GI Securing an asset with opportunity for strong investment returns
- Location Regent Quarter, King’s Cross, N1
- Key figures Now a dance studio and a derelict site and with Listed stables block. Will be 100,000 sq ft mixed use development
- Contact Dan Bayley, +44 (0) 20 7338 4444
- Met target to invest in higher risk/higher return opportunities in Central London.
- Henderson Global Investors should be able to outperform IPD by entering into an innovatively structured development at Regent Quarter, N1.
- Secured mixed use project with a total 100,000 sq ft of office, residential and retail space.
- Will create a circa £65 million investment from a site worth around £12.5 million.
- Henderson had money to invest for its Central London Office Fund. They were prepared to invest in fringe/emerging markets and prepared to commit to some development risk to enhance their returns.
What we did
- We secured an “off market” introduction of Henderson to P&O, the site owner, who had secured a mixed use planning consent for the site.
- We worked with both investor and landowner to create a joint venture structure that worked for both parties.
- Support with bespoke financial analysis in order to analyse the impact on both parties of different market scenarios.
- Provided evidence of historic and future activity and pricing in commercial and residential markets in this emerging London location.