European Commercial Real Estate 360
Our latest European Commercial Real Estate 360 report has just been released, covering the economic outlook and real estate position across Europe.
- In the Eurozone, governments were forced to maintain or tighten health restrictions as cases rose again. The timing of the recovery will depend essentially on the effectiveness of restrictive measures and the acceleration of vaccination campaigns. In Europe, the main recovery should be in H2 2021
- Investment decreased 34% over the last 12 months compared to the pre COVID-19 period. However, it should see improvement in the next quarters as the pandemic comes under control
- Office take-up shrank 22% relative to Q1 2020, which was not subject to COVID-19 restrictions. However, first signs of improvement compared to the end of 2020 were seen in some European markets
- While retail investment has continued to be sluggish due to the cautious attitude from investors, retail industry is now resuming with the gradual reopening of retail activities across Europe
- The logistics occupier market increased by 19% in Q1 2021 and set a new record volume of transactions. Market fundamentals are healthy with low vacant space and strong demand boosted by e-commerce
Download the full report below.