UK Economic Briefing June 2019
This report provides an overview of the current UK economic landscape, market movements and its implications on the UK real estate market.
- The Bank of England (BoE) voted unanimously to keep rates on hold at its latest meeting.
- The overall PMI index points to stagnation in the second quarter for the UK economy.
- The labour market continues to show remarkable strength with the unemployment rate falling to 3.8%.
- The 10-year government bond yield averaged 0.89% in May - the lowest since Sept 2016.
- The widening of the spread between all property and the 10-year government bond yield means there is still value in the real estate market.