London | Special Reports
Financial Sector Survey 2011
London remains leading financial centre - May 2011Our latest survey of the London financial sector provides an important insight into the future expansion plans of this sector.
- Independent research consultancy Lighthouse conducted 67 interviews with key decision makers, enabling us to uncover the sector's property aspirations, expansion plans and demand for property over the next three years.
- The outlook for London is positive with 60% of respondents confirming the UK as their focal point for growth over the next three years.
- The financial sector will need 1.6 million sq ft of additional space in London by 2014.
- The stongest growth in demand will come from smaller occupiers currently in space of under 10,000 sq ft.
- Poorly thought out financial regulations and taxation are the biggest threats to future gowth in the UK.