Property consulting case studies - BNP Paribas Real Estate UK
Canal & River TrustHow we delivered a £2bn extension to Canary Wharf Provided masterplanning and agency support to enable the delivery of a £2bn regeneration scheme
- Location London, UK
- Key figures 4.5m sq ft mixed use scheme, next to Canary Wharf, 1500 residential units and 3.5m sq ft of commercial space
- Contact Sam Blake, +44 (0)20 7338 4130
- Canal & River Trust was able to bring a complex regeneration project, involving a number of stakeholders, to the market over three year period.
- The masterplan was adopted which enabled Canal & River Trust to maximise its leverage as landowner during the partner selection process and set the blue print for the regeneration of the site
- It was able to select a private sector partner within the complex OJEU approval process
- Canal & River Trust's challenge was to agree a scheme that maximised value and was deliverable. It involved site assembly including six long-term tenancies. It needed to get the mechanics of the delivery right so that it was appropriate for the market and needed market facing external support to deliver the project.
What we did
- We prepared the masterplan and produced the planning brief for the 4.5m sq ft mixed use scheme.
- We project managed the sub consultants and advised on planning to ensure the efficient delivery of the project
- Joint venture development partners were selected through the OJEU process which we supported on behalf of Canal & River Trust.